Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Cake - Creative Monday Linky



Recipe
1 lb butter
1 lb granulated sugar
1 doz. eggs
1 lb flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
8 oz. bread crumbs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 teaspoons lime juice
2 teaspoons orange rind
1 tablespoon mixed spice
2 tablespoons browning
1 lb of raisins
1 lb prunes
1 lb currants

Fruits should be put to soak in wine and rum before baking.

Method
1. Prepare tins - grease with butter and line with grease paper
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy
3. Add eggs and beat well
4. Mix in browning, vanilla, lime juice and rind
5. Mix bread crumbs, flour, baking powder and mixed spice
6. Add flour mixture and fruits alternately to butter and sugar mixture
7. Pour mixture into two 9-inch baking tins
8. Bake at 350oF or 180oC for 1 1/2 hours.



 Hello and welcome to Creative Mondays hosted by Clairejustineoxox and Judy H-J's Thoughts where you can link up all your creative posts.

1. Link up your Crafty, Recipe, DIY, Fashion, Creative writing, Photo, Family Tutorials, Favourite, Helpful, Make-up, Outfit or anything creative posts here...
2. Link as many posts up as you like.
3. Please visit a few posts and leave comments.
4. It would be great if you could grab the Creative Monday button and place it somewhere on your blog.
5. We would love for you to follow some way by GFC,Google+,Facebook, Twitter or Email.
Happy Creative Monday and have a great week.        

28 comments:

Sandee said...

Oh this sounds very good and very fattening. I like it.

Have a terrific day Judy. :)

Unknown said...

It is a good thing I only eat it over the holiday season Sandee!:) Take good care and enjoy the rest of your day.

Winnie said...

Definitely seems like a good cake!!
Have a wonderful Christmas and enjoy the holiday Judy :)

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot Winnie! Have a great week.

Maria said...

This looks amazing, Judy!! I hope the weekend was good to you!! I wish you, your family and pups a wonderful, beautiful, very Merry Christmas! You are in my thoughts and prayers always and I'm so thankful for your great support and friendship! Enjoy the upcoming week - hope it is filled with love, relaxation and lots of yummy food! :) xoxoxox
Maria

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot my wonderful blogger friend Maria! It was a busy weekend with Christmas preparations. I am so happy that things have been going great for you over these past months and wish you, Steve and Beano a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS! Lots of Love, Friendship and Best Wishes always!

Judy said...

Hi Judy, This cake looks delicious. Have a Merry Christmas:)

Claire Justine said...

Hi Judy your cakes sounds and looks wonderful :) wishing you a Merry Christmas and thinking of you at this time of year. Thanks for co hosting ...

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot Clairejustine! Merry Christmas! It is good to be co-hosting as always.

Unknown said...

Thanks and Merry Christmas Judy!

mail4rosey said...

I'm just coming over to tell you Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

I bet this is yummy!!

I hope you are having a good Christmas :)

Unknown said...

Oh yes Camille, it is yummy! I just ate some. My Christmas is going okay. I hope you are having a wonderful Christmas!

Unknown said...

Thanks mail4rosey! So nice of you! Happy Holidays to you too!

Ai Sakura said...

Cake looks fantastic. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas Judy. Happy Holidays!

Ai @ Sakura Haruka

Unknown said...

Thanks Ai! Happy Holidays to you too!

Laurie Collett said...

Sounds yummy! Thanks for hosting & Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Thanks Laurie! I hope you have had a great Christmas Day.

Theresa Mahoney said...

This sounds like something my husband would really enjoy. I'm not a big fan of anything that contains alcohol, but my husband does like it in baked goods. I'll have to save this recipe for next years baking. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

I am here smiling Theresa because I do not drink alcohol so we do not use much wine or rum in those we bake at home. I was even saying to my mum I wish we could make it without alcohol. I have tried some puddings baked by others and the rum was so strong that I felt scared!LOL Enjoy the rest of your day.

Theresa said...

Thanks for linking up! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Visiting from DearCreatives.com

Unknown said...

thanks for linking up with kids in the kitchen - Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Thanks Kelli! Enjoy the rest of your week and all the very best for 2013!

Winelady Cooks said...

Hi Judy, I just came from Foodtastic Friday. Your cake looks and sounds so delicious. I'm going to have to give it a try.

I'm following you and would luv it if you would stop by when you have a chance.

Happy New Year!
Joanne/Winelady Cooks

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot Theresa! Have a wonderful weekend.

Unknown said...

Thanks Joanne! I will definitely follow back.

Life according to Lenetta said...

Happy New Year. I found you through Aloha Blog Hop. Stop by and say hi when you get a minute. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot Lenetta! I will be sure to come over to your Blog today. Have a wonderful weekend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...