Over the years Macaroni and cheese was always a favourite dish of Janine and me. Recently I decided to have a go at a Macaroni and Cheese Casserole that I saw on a HILO box. It turned out delicious!
1. Stir Macaroni into 6 cups of boiling water (1 tsp. Salt)
2. Boil rapidly for 7 to 10 minutes until macaroni is tender
3. Drain macaroni
4. Add 1/4 cup butter of margarine, 1/4 cup milk and contents of cheese packet
5. Stir until smooth and creamy over very low heat.
MACARONI AND CHEESE CASSEROLE
1 package Macaroni & Cheese
1 can 170g ( 6 oz.) tuna fish (drained)
1 can 284g (10oz.) cream of mushroom soup
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup chopped onions
1/2 tsp. salt
1. Prepare Macaroni & Cheese as directed.
2. Add tuna fish, soup, milk, onions and salt, mix well.
3. Bake at 177oC (350oF) for 30 to 35 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Substitute 1 cup chopped chicken, turkey, beef, pork, ham, sausages or 4 hard boiled eggs in place of tuna fish or add other vegetables.
As one can see from the picture above I went with one of the variations, the sausages. I also put some paprika on the top!:)