My family and I have always considered Plantain Tarts as our favourite pastry. Recently we bought some so I went in search of a recipe for it:
3 very ripe plantains
red food colouring
double quantity basic pie pastry
1. Boil the plantains in water for about 15 minutes or until tender.
2. Drain and mash them with a fork until they are free of lumps.
3. Add sugar, a drop or two of red food colouring, vanilla and nutmeg.
4.Roll out the pastry and cut out 8 circles using a small plate.
5.On the half of each circle place some of the plantain mixture and fold the other half over.
6. Use a fork to crimp the edges
7. Place the tarts on ungreased baking sheets and bake for 30 - 45 minutes.
Basic Pie Pastry
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup flour
½ cup butter
1.Sift together the salt and flour
2.Add the butter and cut into smaller pieces with a knife while combining it with flour.
3. Pour in some iced water, mixing it a little at a time until the pastry holds together. Do not make it get too sticky. Add more flour if necessary.
4. Wrap pastry in foil and refrigerate until you use it.
Hello and welcome to Creative Mondays hosted by Clairejustineoxox and Judy H-J's Thoughts where you can link up all your creative posts each week.
1. Link up your Crafty, Recipe, DIY, Fashion, Creative writing, Photo, Family Tutorials, Favourite, Helpful, Make-up, Outfit or anything creative posts here...
2. Link as many posts up as you like...
3. Please visit a few posts and leave comments
4. It would be great if you could grab the Creative Monday button and place it somewhere on your blog...
5. We would love for you to follow some way by GFC,Google+,Facebook, Twitter or Email.
Happy Creative Monday and have a great week.