I must say a very special thank you to pargasjunkyard for passing on the Versatile Blogger award to me. I am truly grateful to you. Readers do check her wonderful Blog! Now it is time for me to tell you 7 things about myself. As I approach another anniversary of my twin sister's death on October 16 I will mainly share things about my life with my twin:
1. I was born 5 minutes before Janine on November 4, 1961 but she walked, talked and did everything before I did. You can see some baby pictures of us in the following posts ANALYZING SOME TWIN BABY FACTS and A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS.
2. Throughout our lives we attended a Preparatory School and 2 high schools - Marymount High for 5 years and St. Mary High for 2 years. Before we started school our parents made us receive lessons from someone who would come to our home. Mom even had us wear uniforms to put us in the school frame of mind!:) In Jamaica school uniforms are worn.
3. Janine and I dressed alike throughout our lives and while we had many similarities there were a few differences in our personalities. I was more reserved and did not smile much in pictures while Janine was outgoing and always had a bright smile. Strangely enough I notice that since her death I seem to have more of her traits. It is not intentional, it has just happened. Nevertheless only a few close friends and our immediate family could tell the difference. The easy way for many who went to school with us was just to call us 'Twiney.'
4. Throughout school we both did well in the Arts and pursued Journalism as a career. We wrote many articles together.
5. Where music is concerned we have always been fans of a wide variety of music, singers and groups with our favourite being our national music, reggae.
6. We liked visiting various places in our country but most of all we always enjoyed our Christmas shopping trips to the popular tourist resort of Ocho Rios with our family. We are from a close knit family with 2 brothers and our mother. Our father died when we were 13 years old.
7. We have always had an insatiable curiosity about people, places, customs, wildlife etc from around the world and world affairs. At the age of 12 we started corresponding with pen-pals from around the world. We have had many pen-pals. These days I mainly exchange emails with my pals and several of Janine's pals are now my pals.
I now take pleasure in passing on this award to the following 15 Bloggers:
*the mommyhood chronicles
*Discovering The Me in Mommy
*Home to 4 Kiddos
*Mom Daughter Style
*Obstacles and Glories
* The Spring Mount 6 Pack
*Life With Two Boys
*MENOPAUSAL NEW MOM
*Two Children and a Migraine
*Tammy's Two Cents