Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Tribute - Creative Monday Linky

      The second Sunday in May is celebrated as Mother's Day in Jamaica and several countries. I take this opportunity to pay tribute to my mother with an acrostic poem that I wrote based on the word STRENGTH. I have no doubt that it is her faith in God and inner strength that have helped her after becoming a young widow in her 40s and losing 2 children - Janine in 2008 and Sutcliffe in 2011.

                               Steadfast in her faith despite life's terrible blows
                               There for her children through thick and thin
                               Resolute in trusting God as her Saviour
                               Enduring tremendous loss on life’s journey
                               Never faltering in her duties as a mother
                               Giving us support when we needed it most
                               Thankful for the children that she brought into the world
                               Here fighting on until her Saviour calls her home.




      Hello and welcome to Creative Mondays hosted by Clairejustineoxox and Judy H-J's Thoughts where you can link up all your creative posts each week.


1. Link up your Crafty, Recipe, DIY, Fashion, Creative writing, Photo, Family Tutorials, Favourite, Helpful, Make-up, Outfit or anything creative posts here...
2. Link as many posts up as you like...
3. Please visit a few posts and leave comments
4. It would be great if you could grab the Creative Monday button and place it somewhere on your blog...
5. We would love for you to follow some way by GFC,Google+,Facebook, Twitter or Email.
Happy Creative Monday and have a great week.

22 comments:

Claire Justine said...

Are this is lovely Judy,take care thanks so much for co hosting x

Unknown said...

Thanks Clairejustine! I am happy to be co-hosting again. Happy Mother's Day to you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day - she must be so proud to have you as her daughter.

Unknown said...

Hi pinkoddy,
Thanks for your kind comments. We made the best of the day with Mom despite the situation. Take care and Happy Mother's Day to you.
Judy

Maria said...

Judy, this was so very beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing with all of us. Your mother is so so lucky to have you. I can see all the love through your words and posts, that the bond you two share is so strong.
I'm sure she cried is she read this.
I hope she had a beautiful Mother's Day.
And I hope you had a sweet weekend celebrating!
Thank you for all you support and friendship always, Judy!
Have a sweet night!!
Xoxox
Maria

Unknown said...

Hi there Maria,
It is good to greet you on Mother's Day! When I read this poem to my mom it wasn't easy as I broke down. However I am glad that I was able to let her know exactly how much I admired and appreciated her strength. It was also emotional for her but it helped her throughout today. Take very good care and I send you lots of love, friendship and best wishes.
Judy

Anonymous said...

This is lovely Judy. You write so wonderfully. Your mother sounds like a remarkable person...thank you for sharing this with us.

Tami

Unknown said...

Thank you very much Tami Marie! Have yourself a great week!

Katherines Corner said...

A beautiful post celebrating your Mother xo P.S. thank you for the linky

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot Katherine! Have a wonderful week!

May said...

This post melted my heart..Thanks for sharing, and i hope you have a wonderful week Judy..

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot May! I also wish you a wonderful week.

Carrie Sorensen said...

It's a very touching poem. Thank you for sharing your journey. It shows how strong you already are.

Following you from Reflections.

Unknown said...

Thank you very much Carrie! Have a great week.

Xazmin said...

Beautiful poem.

I admire the strength of your family in the trials you all have gone through.

I hope your mother (and you) had a good Mother's Day.

Unknown said...

Thanks Xazmin! We tried to keep our spirits up on Mother's Day. Have a good day.

Stephanie said...

How absolutely beautiful. :) I'm sure your mother LOVED and appreciated every word. You're right -- what a strong woman, indeed!

I hope you're having a good week, Judy. Take care!

Colette S said...

I hope you had a wonderful Mother's day and this is such a beautiful tribute.

Unknown said...

Thanks JamericanSpice. We tried our best to keep our spirits up on the day.

Unknown said...

Thanks so much Gumdrop Pass. My mother really is a strong woman. Do enjoy the rest of your week.

Lisa @ Flour Me With Love said...

Beautiful tribute! Thank you so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Lisa! I am always happy to link up. Have a good day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...