Monday, July 4, 2011

YOU LIVE ON THROUGH ME!

BY JUDY HAUGHTON-JAMES

JUDY (LEFT) & JANINE (RIGHT)


I look in the mirror and what do I see?
You who looked so much like me.
After your death it made me feel so blue
At times I did not know what to do.

Many a day I was afraid to even speak,
It sounded like your voice and made me weak.
Now as I ponder and wonder for awhile,
Thank God I can manage to smile your smile.

This has been the deepest valley of my life,
But I will fight on when low moments are rife.
For sure I will never forget that what I see,
Is that you, my twin, lives on through me.

6 comments:

Evie J said...

This is so beautiful. <3 Thank you so much for sharing it. It really hits hard. Sometimes I just miss my sister so much.
All the best to you. <3

Judy Haughton-James said...

Thank you very much Evie. I know you can relate to this so well. Take very good care of yourself and I hope you and your family have been enjoying this Independence Day in the U.S.A.

The Belly Dancer said...

It's Beautiful.

Judy Haughton-James said...

Hi Belly Dancer,
Thank you so much for reading some of my posts and sharing your comments. I really appreciate it. Surprisingly I never tried poetry until after my twin's death. I followed the suggestion I saw in a book on Twin Loss. Take care and my best wishes to you.
Judy

Glenys Robyn Hicks said...

I can't imagine what it would feel like to lose my identical twin! I seriously hope we die together or else I go before her... I don't think I could cope. Sorry for your loss... only another identical twin could understand your deeper pain. Blessings!

Judy Haughton-James said...

Thanks for your comments Glenys! It is really a very difficult situation to deal with. I wish you and your twin many,many, more years together. Take care and have a good week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...