Thursday, December 12, 2013

I Love Christmas Carols

        I have been listening to Christmas carols and reminiscing on all the wonderful times I had listening to a wide variety of carols  with my twin - reggae, calypso, traditional, you name it. We especially enjoyed hearing them when we were busy decorating, baking Christmas puddings and preparing special Christmas meals.  I  smile as I recall that one year we heard Christmas carols on our birthday, November 4 . We had a good laugh. The radio station really started playing Christmas carols early that year.
       In recent years I have  listened to carols on the radio stations but this time I decided to also listen to some CDs that I got but had not yet listened to.  
       The one above features top singers on two CDs singing 42 carols! I wanted to list some of my favourites but so many of them sound great.  I therefore decided to mention a few of the ones that I was hearing for the first time and like a lot -  'The Holly And The Ivy' - Annie Lennox, 'The Little Road To Bethlehem' - Hayley Westenra and 'Christmas In The Country' - Sara Storer with Shane Howard.
       Many of my favourite traditional carols were also on the CDs - 'Joy To The World,' 'Hark, The Herald Angels Sing,' 'The First Noel,''Little Drummer Boy,' 'I Wish You A Merry Christmas,' 'Oh Holy Night' 'Silent Night 'and 'Jingle Bells.'


Have you been listening to Christmas carols?  What are some of your favourite old and new carols?
        
      One of the big advantages of blogging is being able to interact with others from around the world.  I am thrilled to be Top Commenter Contest Winner # 14 on Self Sagacity's Blog. I am truly grateful for this opportunity on your wonderful blog Self Sagacity.

Linking with :- Doing You Well Wednesday,What Are You Doing? Wednesday Blog Hop,Whatever Wednesday,Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop,What's It Wednesday,Thursday Two Questions,Thumping Thursday Blog Hop,Thursday Favourite ThingsThursday Thoughts Linky PartyInspire Us Thursday Linky Party,Friendship Friday,Four Seasons Blog Hop,The Weekend Blog Hop,The Blog Strut Peacock Style,Friday Follow Along Blog HopFriday Favourites,T.G.I.F. Linky PartyWeekend Wonders,Follow Who? Social Weekend Blog HopLovin' The Readers Blog Hop,I Love My Post Blog Hop,Fun Friday Blog Hop,Make My Saturday Sweet,Show Off Weekend Blog Party,Freedom FridaysHearts For Home Blog HopLet's Be Friends Blog Hop,Weekend Block Party and Super Sunday Sync.           

41 comments:

Sandee said...

I'll be home for Christmas by Bing Crosby is my hands down favorite. Oh there are so many great Christmas songs.

Have a fabulous day Judy. ♥♥♥

Unknown said...

Oh yes, that Bing Crosby carol is another lovely Christmas carol Sandee. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Self Sagacity said...

You are super sweet and I think most of us are glad to have discover you and your blog. Thank you for being my blogging friend. :-)

Unknown said...

Thanks for your kind comments Self Sagacity. I am really glad that you are among the wonderful persons whom I have met through blogging. My best wishes to you.

mail4rosey said...

I was listening to carols way too early, and loving it. Now I've slacked off...so silly! I better get back w/it before the season is over. :) Your music looks great, a nice mix up of singers!!

Unknown said...

I will listen to some more new CDs as the time goes by Rosey! Christmas is so near now.

Cathy Kennedy said...

Have I been listening to Christmas carols? Are you joking? Of course, I've been listening to 'em! lol I mean, practically from the second I get up till the time DH gets home. I love Christmas music. I have many of the classic artists such as Dean Martin, Perry Como, Andy Williams, Bing Crosby, ... to name just a few. But, newer songs I'm really digging right now is All I want for Christmas is You by Mariah Carey, as well as Michael Buble's version. A new-to-me group called Pentatonix had a bit of a unique sound to the Little Drummer Boy, which I'm liking a lot. I may buy it from iTunes. Enjoy this blessed, holy season and thanks for being such a good friend to visit often!

Unknown said...

I see that you are also listening to a lot of carols Cathy! Thanks for sharing your favourites. I can still remember all the wonderful Perry Como concerts that my twin and I used to watch on television every Christmas. I am always happy to visit your blog and thank you for your visits and comments here. Enjoy the rest of the week.

Susan@Organized31 said...

Congrats on your award! What a lovely recognition. And I love Annie Lennox, but have never heard her sing Christmas songs. Thanks for sharing at Inspire Us Thursday on Organized 31.

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot Susan! I hope you get to hear the carol by Annie Lennox that I mentioned. Enjoy the rest of your week.

Theresa Mahoney said...

I love to listen to Christmas carols! I get so excited when they start to play on the radio. We also blast them when cookie baking too :)

Unknown said...

They certainly help to get us in the mood for Christmas Theresa!

Anonymous said...

Yes Christmas Carols are great. Love the way you talk about them. Listening to them?? Of course, it get's the spirit moving :)

Unknown said...

Judy, I really enjoyed your post and no I have not listened to any carols yet. Which made me think why not? I guess I haven't had the radio on. I love Annie Lenox and I had no idea that she had Christmas music. I am going to have to find it on I-tunes. Thank you for sharing on the Four Seasons Blog Hop & for putting me in the mood to hear some carols!!
Easy Life Meal & Party Planning

Unknown said...

So true craftyspices. They definitely get the spirit moving!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Terri! I was happy to link up. Have a wonderful weekend and I hope you get to enjoy some carols.

Christina Morley said...

Thanks for linking on my weekend blog hop! I noticed in your Christmas photos with your twin, one always smiled with teeth showing and the other not. Was that a personality difference? I never had a sister and always wanted one. Praise the Lord for the good times you could have with yours even though it must be tough not having her around today. Take care and congrats on making the top commentator #14!

Jennie said...

I love Christmas music, listening to some right now! Thanks for linking up!!

Unknown said...

Enjoy your Christmas music and weekend Jennie!

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot Christina! You are right, my twin sister Janine was always the one with the bright smile. That was a difference in our personalities. I am more on the serious side. However Janine was more outspoken.

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

I love Christmas carols. Bing Crosby was one of my favorite. I also loved when David Bowie paired up with Bing Crosby.

Unknown said...

Christmas carols are really lovely Dee! I will definitely be listening to more this weekend.

coach-daddy said...

I recently heard Sarah Bareilles' version of Santa baby. It definitely got my attention. The Harry Connick Jr. Christmas album is also stellar!

Leovi said...

I love Carol Annie Lennox! Wishing you a happy weekend!

Unknown said...

Annie Lennox's carol on this CD is really lovely Leovi. A good weekend to you too.

Unknown said...

I love listening to Christmas music. I admit I listen to Christmas music all year long.

I am following you from "Follow who? Hop" at "Crafty Spices"

Claire Justine said...

I love all the Christmas songs Judy, they are so classic after all these years. We have been playing ours this week too :) Aww well done on the award...

Unknown said...

Thanks for becoming a Follower and sharing your comments Heather. I will definitely follow back.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing those Christmas songs coach-daddy.

Unknown said...

Thanks Claire! I will be listening to more carols this weekend.

Unknown said...

We just listen to Christmas carols at home during the couple of days leading up to Christmas. Frank Sinatra Christmas carols is my favourite

Unknown said...

I will be enjoying a lot of carols heading to Christmas Kriss! Enjoy the season.

Katherines Corner said...

I love them too. I have been playing every Christmas album I own, I like it so much. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. ♥

QPT said...

Merry Christmas and have a Joyful day
JingleBells Jinglebells

Unknown said...

I am always happy to link up Katie! It is so good to be listening to carols.

Unknown said...

Thanks QPT! Merry Christmas to you too.

Unknown said...

Thanks Megan! I will definitely visit your blog.

Unknown said...

Congrats on the award!
I love hearing Merry Christmas Darling, I'll be home for Christmas, and Oh Holy Night. I love hearing new Christian Christmas songs too.

Unknown said...

Thanks Sara! The carols you mentioned are really lovely. Happy Holidays.

Maria said...

what an awesome cd! with so many songs! i love when there is an array of artists featured on a cd! so fun!
my favorites are o holy night and the first noel! :)
thanks for sharing, judy! xoxoxox
maria

Unknown said...

The carols certainly help to lift one's spirit Maria! I am getting a chance to listen to a wide variety of them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...