Friday, October 7, 2011

IT IS GOOD TO BE VERSATILE!:)

     
          I must say a very special thank you to pargasjunkyard for passing on the Versatile Blogger award to me. I am truly grateful to you. Readers do check her wonderful Blog!  Now it is time for me to tell you 7 things about myself. As I approach another anniversary of my twin sister's death on October 16 I will mainly share things about my life with my twin:
1. I was born 5 minutes before Janine on November 4, 1961 but she walked, talked and did everything before I did.  You can see some baby pictures of us in the following posts ANALYZING SOME TWIN BABY FACTS and A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS.
2.  Throughout our  lives we attended a Preparatory School and 2 high schools - Marymount High for 5 years and St. Mary High for 2 years.  Before we started school our parents made us receive lessons from someone who would come to our home. Mom even had us wear uniforms to put us in the school frame of mind!:)  In Jamaica school uniforms are worn.
3. Janine and I dressed alike throughout our lives and while we had many similarities there were a few differences in our personalities.  I was more reserved and did not smile much in pictures while Janine was outgoing and always had a bright smile. Strangely enough I notice that since her death I seem to have more of her traits. It is not intentional, it has just happened.  Nevertheless only a few close friends and our immediate family could tell the difference. The easy way for many who went to school with us was just to call us 'Twiney.'
4. Throughout school we both did well in the Arts and pursued Journalism as a career. We wrote many articles together.
5. Where music is concerned we have always been fans of a wide variety of music, singers and groups with our favourite being our national music, reggae.
6.  We liked visiting various places in our country but most of all we always enjoyed our Christmas shopping trips to the popular tourist resort of Ocho Rios with our family. We are from a close knit family with 2 brothers and our mother. Our father died when we were 13 years old.
7. We have always had an insatiable curiosity about people, places, customs, wildlife etc from around the world and world affairs.  At the age of 12 we started corresponding with pen-pals from around the world.  We have had many pen-pals. These days I mainly exchange emails with my pals and several of Janine's pals are now my pals.


         I now take pleasure in passing on this award to the following 15 Bloggers:


         *the mommyhood chronicles
         *Discovering The Me in Mommy
         *Soul Speak
         *Home to 4 Kiddos
         *Mom Daughter Style
          *Maves Faves
         *bassgiraffe's Thoughts
         *Obstacles and Glories
         * The Spring Mount 6 Pack
         *Mama's Musings
         *Skylar
         *Life With Two Boys
         *MENOPAUSAL NEW MOM
         *Two Children and a Migraine
         *Tammy's Two Cents

41 comments:

Lisa Boyle said...

Thank you, Judy, for passing on the award to my blog! I really appreciate it! :-)

faye said...

you deserve to have this award. congrats!
hi! judy, i see that the spaces between paragraphs are a bit far from each other. you can edit this via your post editor. go to your post editor (where you compose your post) and click EDIT HTML in the upper right hand of your post editor. then you can see the spaces between ur paragraphs, delete the spaces. it is interesting to read a post when it is posted correctly.

Unknown said...

Thanks Faye! Thanks also for the advice. I have been having a lot of internet problems so I will try to make the corrections quickly. Have a good weekend.

Unknown said...

I was really happy to do so Lisa! Take care and have a wonderful weekend.

Mom Daughter Style said...

congratulations Judy! Thank you for passing me the award too.

I placed it under my awards page. If I can't do the blog post soon, that's just because I'm a little busy with requests for posts.

Thanks again, much appreciated.

Unknown said...

Thank you very much Mom Daughter Style! I understand that it takes time. Take care and all the best with your wonderful Blog.

The Spring Mount 6 Pack said...

Thank you for the award. I appreciate it very much. I will do my best to get the award posted and a post about it soon. I am having computer issues, that is basicaly driven to the point of distraction.

But thank you again and it makes my day you felt I desearved it.

Unknown said...

I am really happy to be able to pass on this award and know it takes time to post it. I hope your computer problems will be solved soon. This week I have also had some frustrating internet problems. Take care and all the very best to you.

Skylar Magazine said...

Aww thank you. This is really nice of you, I really appreciate it and thank you for following my blog and stopping by and reading. My best friend's birthday is also on Nov. 4th. Again, thank you this really means a lot to me.

Sarah

Unknown said...

Hi Skylar,
I was really happy to pass it to you. Happy Birthday greetings to your friend when Nov. 4 comes around. Take care and do have a great weekend.
Judy

Kelly L said...

Well done on your bloggy award!
Happy Friday!
I've Become My Mother
I've Become My Mother facebook

Menopausal New Mom said...

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!!! And of course, congratulations to you for receiving it in the first place.

I'm so pleased you thought of my blog when passing it on. I see I'm in some great company here in your list of blogs to pass it on to.

Thank you again and enjoy your weekend.

Deb

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Deb. Take very good care and enjoy your weekend.

Unknown said...

Thank you very much Kelly L! Have yourself a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Judy! :)

Kim

Unknown said...

Thank you very much Kim! Have a good weekend.

Judy said...

Congrats on your award! You deserve this award. Have a great weekend:)

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot Judy! Have a wonderful weekend.

Rainy Kua said...

Congratulations on your award, Judy! Wow, you've been receiving a lot of rewards on your blog.:) I had received this versatile award before, but I'm not sure what to do with it since the blogger who gave this award to me is no longer blogging publicly. Anyway, good job on your blog, and keep blogging!;)

May said...

I was very happy when i got this award too. Congrats you really deserve it.

PoetessWug said...

Congrats on your award! :-) Nice to get to know you a little. (New follower)

Unknown said...

Thank you very much PoetessWug! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Unknown said...

Thanks May and Congrats on having also received this award. I hope your weekend is going well.

Unknown said...

Hi Tracy,
I was happy to pass it on to you. Do enjoy your weekend.
Judy

Unknown said...

Hi cheerfulnuts,
Thanks! I am happy that you also got his award. Congratulations. If you want you can display it on your Blog. Take care and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Judy

LOVE MELISSA:) said...

Thank you Judy! You deserve itl I love reading your blog. Happy Saturday Judy!

Unknown said...

Thanks Melissa! I also love your Blog! A good weekend to you!

Jen said...

Just love reading the facts about you! So great, your love for the world, people, cultures etc. I can so relate! Congratulations on a Blog Award well earned! ~ jen

Unknown said...

Thank you very much Jen. Take care and God Bless!

Erica K said...

congrats to you for the award. Your blog does rock!!!

And thank you for honoring me with it too. Much love.

Unknown said...

Thanks Erika! I was happy to pass it to you. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Georgie Horn said...

I love your memories!

Unknown said...

Thanks Georgie! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Awww you are so nice and thoughtful for including me in your list. Thanks Judy and have a great weekend!

About JollyJilly said...

hi im a new follower from the blog hop
Very nice blog and good to meet you
please come visit me anytime
www.jollyjillys.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thanks Jolly Jilly! I will definitely follow back. Take care and have a good Sunday!

Unknown said...

You deserve it chubskulit! Have yourself a wonderful Sunday.

Jodi Chapman - Soul Speak said...

This is such an honor, Judy! Thank you so much! You are such an inspiration to me - the way you live your life is a true testament of how strong the human spirit can be. Thank you for setting such a beautiful example. ♥

Unknown said...

Thanks for your comments Jodi. I was really happy to pass it on you. You write such excellent posts giving serious food for thought and they are also very inspirational.They help to lift my spirit and keep me keeping on. I wish you all the very best and have a wonderful week.

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Thank you so very much Judy for the award. you are such a strong woman.
Congratulations to you upon receiving this gracious award. Great job on your blog. I look forward to future posts...Linda

Unknown said...

Hi Linda,
Thanks for your kind comments. I was happy to pass on this award to your wonderful blog. Take care and my very best wishes to you.
Judy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...