Thursday, September 27, 2012

Bird Figurine Series - # 8

  
   Glass figurines have always been among our favourites so Janine and I were thrilled when our mother told us that we could put this one with our collection.  It was a gift she received from a friend over 35 years ago.  Mom knew it would be safe with our birds.

Linking with -Thursday Favourite Things, Favourite Thing Friday, Thirsty For Comments, Flash Blog Friday, Flash Back Friday, Freedom Fridays, The Weekend Blog Hop, Lovin' the Readers Blog Hop and Sincerely, Paula's Weekend Blog Party.

38 comments:

Amber said...

Absolutely beautiful! I've always loved these kinds of figurines. I can't have them in my home right now - a four year old who loves to touch everything makes breakables unwise. But someday, I hope to own beautiful things myself.

Sandee said...

You've showcased a lot of very cool bird figurines, but I think this is my favorite one so far. Beautiful.

Have a terrific day Judy. :)

Katherines Corner said...

gorgeous!!! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things hop my friend xo

mail4rosey said...

I love these kinds of figurines because their look changes depending on what is reflected in the glass.

This is a gem of an addition to your collection!

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot Katherine! I am always happy to link up with Thursday Favourite Things. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Unknown said...

Thanks Sandee! I love it and need to be very careful when handling it. I would not want to be the one to break it!:) Enjoy the rest of your day.

Unknown said...

Thanks mail4rosey. I am happy my mom allowed me to include it in the collection.

Unknown said...

Thanks Amber! Enjoy the rest of your Thursday.

Wayne W Smith said...

That is a beautiful figurine!

Theresa Mahoney said...

I love the colors on this one. I can see why you love it so much!

Unknown said...

Thanks Wayne!

Unknown said...

The colours are really lovely Theresa! Take care.

Maria said...

i love the rainbow of colors in this one, judy! so sweet of your mother to let you add it to your collection!
i also love your new header - great photo of you and janine - love your matching necklaces...really pretty! hope you are having a wonderful thursday! enjoy the last weekend of september!! <3
lots and lots of love
xoxox
maria

Unknown said...

Hello there Maria,
I am just coming from your Blog with your great post and very beautiful pictures! Thanks as always for your lovely comments. They have certainly brightened my afternoon. I am looking forward to the weekend. Imagine September will soon be at an end! Lots of Love, Friendship and Best Wishes always to you, Steve and Beano.
Judy

Winnie said...

Judy - this one is absolutely gorgeous!:)
I think that so far this is my favorite

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot Winnie! Enjoy the rest of your week.

Pearl said...

Hi Judy! How are you? This is a priceless addition to your collection. Is it a crystal figurine? Very classy!
xoxo, Pearl

Unknown said...

Hi Pearl,
I am okay. I hope you are fine. Thanks for your comments. This is a glass figurine. Take care and have a good weekend.
Judy

Annie said...

This is a beautiful figurine! I love the elegant shape!

Unknown said...

Thanks Annie! Have a wonderful weekend.

Unknown said...

Just Gorgeous!!!

Paula said...

Ohhhhh I love the mixture of colors. Looks very pretty and fragile :)

Hope you have a lovely weekend!
Paula
lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

Claire Justine said...

Beautiful bird Judy,thank you for sharing with us,so sweet :) have a lovely weekend ...

Unknown said...

Thanks Katherine! Have a good weekend.

Unknown said...

Thanks Clairejustine! Have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

Thank you very much Paula! I also wish you a lovely weekend.

XmasDolly said...

It is absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. I do so love delegant things like that and wow 35 yrs. old now that is truly special.

Unknown said...

Thanks Xmasdolly. Have a good weekend.

kewkew said...

Oh my, that is absolutely lovely!

Thanks for your faithful linking up over at Lovin' the Weekend blog hops! Have a great weekend

Unknown said...

You are welcome kewkew! I also wish you a great weekend.

Bree @ Twinkle in the Eye said...

Glass figurines are a real art form aren't they.

Paula said...

Hello Again Judy!! I'm glad you stopped by and linked up your beautiful bird figurine with my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party :))))

Paula
lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

So true Bree! Have a good day.

Unknown said...

I am always happy to link up Paula! Thanks for the opportunity. I have also found out that it is quite easy to add links to a post. I am learning new things every day!:) Enjoy your Saturday.

Faye said...

i love that bird figurine.very nice! thanks for dropping by! have a nice sunday!

May said...

Hello Judy is been awhile now. I must say I stared at your blog header for over 5 mins. The picture of you and your late sis is so captivating..

The bird figurine looks really beautiful. I now remember when I was a little girl and my big sis mistakenly broke my dad's treasured figurine..Well trust kids!!

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot Faye! It is great to hear from you again. Have a wonderful week.

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot for your kind comments May. I handle this figurine with great care as I would not want to break it!:) Take care and have a good week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...